Makes 15 Portions
- 2.5 lbs. Loligo Squid-rings and tents, thawed
- 2.5 lbs. Black Tiger raw tail off shrimp
- 2 lbs. Blue Mussels
- 15 each 4 oz. Dinner Cut Cod Fillets, Thawed
- ½ lb. Unsalted Butter
- 4 cups White onion, small diced
- 2 cups Celery, small diced
- 2 cups Carrot, small diced
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cups Jalapeño, minced
- 3 each Fennel, sliced
- 1 lbs Linguiça Sausage, cut into ¼” wheels
- 4 cups Dry White cooking wine
- 1 Gal Diced tomatoes, canned
- 3 each Bay leaf
- ¼ cup E.V.O.O.
- 4 cups Coconut milk
- 8 each Limes, halved
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large rondo on med-high heat, add the butter. Once butter has melted, add onion, celery, carrots, fennel, Jalapeño, and garlic. Lightly sweat the aromatic vegetables until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are soft, add the calamari, and the linguiça. Let this cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, and let the wine reduce by half. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Once the wine is reduced turn the heat down to med-low and stir in the diced tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover the pot and let simmer for 2.5-3 hours, or until the calamari is tender.
- Once the squid is tender, add the shrimp, mussels, and coconut milk. Let this simmer for another 6-10 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked. Adjust seasoning.
- Place 2 large sauté pans on high heat. While the pans are heating up, season the thawed cod filets with salt and pepper.
- Once the pans are very hot add the E.V.O.O. and then add the cod fillets one at a time carefully as to not splash the hot oil on you. Sear the fillets for about 4-5 minutes on each side and temp them out at about 140°-145°.
- Scoop about 8 oz. of the stew based into a serving bowl. Place the now cooked cod fillet on top of the stew base.
- Squeeze half a lime onto each dish and serve.