Help customers punt off those tailgating pounds this season with healthier, tastier versions of standard football fare. Sub in heart-healthy seafood for poultry and red meat in traditional tailgating dishes. Consumers will love these new twists that “up” the flavor- and nutrient profile.
Play these items on your fall menu:
- Salmon Sliders: Try salmon in place of red meat for a healthy twist on the tapas-style burger
- Shrimp Pizza: A mix of caramelized onions and sautéed shrimp add oomph to pizza appetizers
- Crab Avocado Nachos: Up the protein game by adding crab meat to cheesy nachos for a tasty shareable snack
- Seafood Chowder: Lobster or clam chowder can give chili a run for its money – customers will love these “comfort soups”
- Fish Tacos: Blackened fish in warm tortillas is a winning combination for an appetizer or entrée
- Tuna-veggie Kebabs: Up the sophistication and health benefits of this favorite dish-on-a-stick